Why choose to Pawn your goods?
- It’s a safe and secure process
- You walk out with cash
- Simply bring us your items and we’ll loan you cash
- We take almost everting (in working condition) – from phones to electronics, jewellery, power tools, microwaves, bicycles, appliances and beds
- We are registered with the National Credit Act, ensuring ethical and legal loan practices
Frequently Asked Questions
You can take out a Pawnbroking loan with us by using an item of value you own as security. We will hold your item and charge a monthly interest rate on the money you borrow. When you pay off the loan amount and any interest owing, you get your item back.
You can loan on most items of value you own, provided that they’re in full working order. For example, we loan cash for items like jewellery, gold, watches, smartphones, tablets and laptops, musical instruments, sporting goods, power tools and gaming gear. If you’re not sure whether an item you have can be loaned against, please contact your local store.
To get a Pawnbroking loan, you must be older than 18, have a valid ID, passport or drivers license.
Yes. Your item of value is used as security for the loan, so a credit check isn’t required.
Pawnbroking loans are for 1 month
Yes, you can extend your loan by continuing to make in-store monthly interest payments. Each time you pay a month’s interest, your loan will extend by an additional month. If you can’t make it in-store by the payment due date, contact the store for assistance.
You’ll have 30 days to repay your loan amount, with interest. If payment is not received after 30 days, we’ll sell your item. You won’t be contacted by debt collectors and your credit rating won’t be affected.
Yes, you can. We’ll work with you to understand any issues that prevented you from paying off your last loan, to assist you in getting your next loaned item back.
You can have more than one active pawnbroking loan, though it’s important to be aware of the total amount you owe and when the payment due dates are.
- Must be over 18
- Have a valid ID, passport or drivers license
- Be the rightful owner of the items you want to loan against
- Understand that items will be returned once outstanding fees, VAT and the loan amount have been settled